1Password mini doesn't always fill in username/password the first time in Safari

Options
danwieder
danwieder
Community Member

I have noticed that 1password mini doesn't always fill in the username and password for some sites the first time through. I am using Safari with the latest version of it as well as 1Password with the extensions. I don't have version 3 on the computer. This happens on both a MacBookAir as well as an iMac. The site comes up in the browser and if I choose the site again from 1password mini, it fills in the information. It's almost like some sort of a timing issue. I haven't watched to see if it is consistent with sites or is random, but I wanted to at least report it in case someone has seen this behavior.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @danwieder‌,

Did the site finish loading before you press Command + \? Some of the extension scripts have to be loaded first in the site's code. If the site is loading slowly, the extension might not be able to respond in time for your command to fill in.

Can you try waiting for those sites to load first and then see if filling in works the first time?

• danwieder
    danwieder
    Community Member
    Options

I think it finished loading, but to be sure I will be more watchful the next time it happens. I normally don't press command + backslash. I normally just select it from the 1password mini menu. In either case, I will try and supply more info as I notice it.

• danwieder
    danwieder
    Community Member
    Options

I just found a site where it happened. The site is for Aetna and the webpage is:
    https://member.aetna.com/appConfig/login/login.fcc?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-36d8cb4d-4ac1-44c7-b12d-a80fba4b718e&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=-SM-xU5km2Pz5/9A/2FCwUlXE48HlDkyH9ruz3da8Iqw6pwcy09mgHFN5RmlkMNqguY5&TARGET=-SM-HTTPS://member.aetna.com/MbrLanding/RoutingServlet?createSession=true&WT.svl=Login_nav

I waited, and then finally hit the command +backslash and it filled it in correctly. I then logged out, closed that window and tried again, and this time it worked the first time.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danwieder,

Thanks for the followup and page link. I wasn't able to get that link working, but this one arrives at an Aetna login page:

aetnanavigator.com

Does it look like the one where 1Password is sometimes slow to fill and can you still reproduce that problem there?

Improvements in the 4.2 extension might help with this, e.g.:

• Greatly reduced the size of the context script which will improve page loading performance.

It's currently in beta and should be released soon. If you'd like to give that beta a try, open the 1Password Extension page in Safari, then select Enable betas before clicking the big green Install button. Then restart Safari. If you want to revert to the stable 4.1 release, it's easy enough just by installing it again instead of the beta. :)

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

• danwieder
    danwieder
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is the same site. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with that site, but I know it happens with others as well. I'm still watching to see if I can reproduce one of the sites repeatedly. When I find another one, then I may try the beta version as well. I'll keep you posted on things.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, @danwieder.

I'm glad you've had relief from this problem with that site. Hopefully it won't return there or elsewhere, before and after 4.2 is out of beta.

We're always working on ways to make 1Password as resilient as possible to variations in page loading times.

This discussion has been closed.