Two Passwords - with second being session specific

Options
jferguson66
jferguson66
Community Member

Hello,

My employer requires a user log-on and two passwords to access their network remotely. The user log-on and first password is stored in 1Password. The second password is unique to each session - generated by a 3rd party application installed on my computer.

Ideally when I hit the "Open and Fill" prompt - the 1Password application would open a session with the remote network access site, fill in the user log-on and first password in the fields provided - and then stop. I would then open the 3rd party application, and manually copy/paste the session specific password into the second password field.

How can I configure the Web form to enable this use case?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jferguson66‌

You can change 1Password's submit options in two places:

• Preferences > Browser has an option to 'Automatically submit logins after filling'. You can disable this to ensure that 1Password never submits a Login.
    • When you edit an entry, scroll to the bottom to change the submit option for that entry alone. (This might be what you're looking for in this case. Simply change the submit option to 'Never'.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions! :)

• jferguson66
    jferguson66
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jferguson66‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad I was able to help.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.