ipad - windows xp

Options
Sarah Ravid
Sarah Ravid
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

Hello,

How do I get 1password to work on iPad?

I've got the app to the new iPad mini - and to enable dropbox sync, I had to move the agilekeychain-file on the computer manually to dropbox... (it wasn't moved by just clicking the button).

The data are now on the iPad, but the login doesn't work - and it doesn't look the way as described here http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_iPad/log_into_sites.html.

On top of it 1password on my windows computer cannot find the datafile anymore because it was moved!

Thanks in advance for helping!

Sarah

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now! Here is our support article for using 1Browser, all nicely updated for 1Password 4. Take a look at the guide and let me know a bit more about how you are attempting to use the Login. What steps are you taking, and what error messages you see, if any. The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for us to track this down.

To help 1Password for Windows find your datafile, please use File > Open 1Password Datafile and find your 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox. This should get you sorted out on that end!

• Sarah Ravid
    Sarah Ravid
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks!

The data file is found and it works again. I've also managed to login using 1Browser.

However when I get to a login box ... that doesn't work...

• Sarah Ravid
    Sarah Ravid
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

the error on the windows computer again (Could not sync because the 1Password database was replaced or was recreated. You can fix this problem by reinstalling the extension) - I did the same procedure as before and error message is gone, for now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sarah,

I'm so glad to hear that you have been able to get 1Password for Windows behaving nicely, at least for now! If you do see the error message again, please let us know and we can investigate a bit further.

Now, lets' see what we can do about 1Browser. I'm not quite sure where your trouble is coming in with respect to the Login box, so I'll give you some instructions on how to create a new Login using 1Browser, but if I'm completely off-base, please let me know and I'll try again. :)

If you are browsing in 1Browser and come across a site that you need to create a Login for, try this:

• Copy the URL of the site
    • Switch from 1Browser to the 'vault view'
    • Tap the '+' icon when in the Categories or Logins tab to add a new Login
    • Paste in the site's URL (you may want to update this later so it is the site's sign-in page instead of the create account page, if different)
    • Enter a unique title for the entry
    • Type in your username
    • Generate a password
    • Save the entry and tap to copy the generated password
    • Switch back to 1Browser
    • Paste your newly generated password into the appropriate fields and save your account details on the site.
This discussion has been closed.