Problem with posted solution - "Edit a vault's details"

Options
jbetzhold
jbetzhold
Community Member

I forgot the password of the Vault I configured and want to share. In order to share I must have the vault password. I found the reference article on you web site "Edit a vault's details" and made a copy of the vault and tried to create a new one from that file. The dialog box says "Create New Vault" and I can change the color but the bottom box is asking for the Vault Password! This I don't have. It was my understanding from the article that I would be able to change the password but it keeps prompting me for the original password.

Has this procedure been known to work? Have any ideas? I would hate to have to recreate the Vault form scratch.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jbetzhold,

The instructions in the Edit a vault's details article don't apply if you've forgot your master password.

If you've forgotten the password of a secondary vault, you'll need to export the secondary vault's data to an unencrypted 1PIF file (File > Export > All Items...), create a new secondary vault, then re-import your data from the 1PIF file (File > Import...).

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.