Mac app & iOS copy-paste

Options
Didjo
Didjo
Community Member
edited May 2014 in iOS

Hi 1P team!

Thanks for your great work on these last 1P4 updates, vaults are awesome (wish we could edit them once created but hope it's on the tracks!).

I posted a feature request here before, asking if it was possible to sync back between iOS & OSX, etc., but now I have several different vaults both at office and at home, and don't wanna mess up all these. But my problem still exists : I have logins in my phone and not on my office computers (and I don't want to), but often, I have to open 1P on my phone, reveal a password and copy it on keyboard…

What about a 1Password (and 1Password mini) that could ba able to read a 1P app vault on iOS even if it's not sync with? (Having to enter iOS 1P master password, allow it on certain computers, I don't know.)

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Didjo‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying multiple vaults so far. Don't worry, the ability to edit vaults after creation is a popular feature request, and our developers are looking into how to make this happen for you all.

Now, I'm not a developer (or a security expert), so I'm not quite sure of the technical or security limitations of what you're suggesting with respect to having 1Password read a database that is not synced with it. That sounds a bit tricky. However, I do have an option here that might give you almost the same functionality. Have you heard of 1PasswordAnywhere? This handy little feature allows you access to your 1Password data, well, just about anywhere, provided that your data is stored in Dropbox. Simply log in to your Dropbox account on a web browser.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• Didjo
    Didjo
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan

Thanks for your answer.

I understand there might be security risks. I tried to achieve something like this with iOS-Mac copy-paste sync apps (like Pastebots, or others), but these app have access to my passwords, and I'm done typing my long-strenght passwords on keyboards.

I heard about 1PAnywhere, but all my vaults are localy synchronized, nothing's cloud-stored (and I want to keep it this way).

I was hoping 1P could do something for me : like, choosing on the app "send this password to Mac's 1P", it's sent crypted and only 1P can decrypt it… I don't know. It could be really usefull !

Thanks,

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Didjo,

I've spoken with one of our developers about this, and it turns out it's not as impossible as I originally thought. :) There's an existing feature request in our issue tracker, and I'm happy to add your suggestions there.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

• Didjo
    Didjo
    Community Member
    Options

Well, thanks a lot for your clarification, hope we can use this soon!
    Thanks, and again, congrats for your work.

This discussion has been closed.