Deleted 1PasswordPro from iPhone - unable to reinstall on iPhone from iTunes as app can't be found..

Options
PipO38
PipO38
Community Member

Hi
I have just bought a family license for1Password for Mac. As I am an existing user of 1 Password on iPhone I tried to sync the iPhone data using iCloud as directed in the set up instructions - but iCloud sync was not available as an option. Decided to delete 1password off iPhone and do a clean reinstall from iTunes BUT when I tried this iTunes told me it couldn't find the app. I can't see how i might resolve this - are you able to advise me please?
Many thanks
Pip

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Pro is no longer available, although you should be able to get it again from the Purchased section of the App Store. At least I think so.

However, you won't be able to use it to sync through iCloud. Suport for iCloud came with version 4 of the iOS application, which is a new application and must be purchased separately. Also, you won't be able to use it to sync via Dropbox either. Dropbox changed its API several months ago and broke the older method of syncing that way.

Bottom line: if you want to sync your Mac with your iPhone with a cloud service, you will need to purchase 1Password 4.5.1, which is the latest version. That does require iOS 7 to run. Earlier iterations of version 4 can run on earlier iOS versions. I believe there are local options for syncing with older versions, but they are not automatic. If you want to take that route, I can't help with that.

• PipO38
    PipO38
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Hawkmoth - I rather suspected this. Great to have it put so clearly, thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @PipO38‌

I apologize for the trouble here! If you do want to continue using 1Password Pro, please let me know, and I'd be happy to help you keep in sync using 1Password 3 for Mac and Wi-Fi.

If your device is capable of running iOS6+, your best option is to upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS, which offers both Dropbox and iCloud sync, as well as a ton of other great new features. :) Clearly I'm biased here, but we're here to help however you decide.

This discussion has been closed.