Can't get iCloud Sync working

Options
mcminnz
mcminnz
Community Member

I am using v4.4 of 1Password on my macs and am having trouble getting the iCloud sync to work. When I go to the preferences option it just says "if found previous data in iCloud and it is going to merge. When I click start, nothing happens. I have to click cancel to exit the dialog.

Each time I click the Start Syncing button, the console says:
4/05/14 10:49:10.645 am 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[11755]: 440001 [CRYPTO:0x7fededd1a1e0:] E decryptDataWithReader:writer:error: | Decryption failed, bad HMAC

I may have tried iCloud sync in a previous version.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcminnz‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Let's reset iCloud sync to see if that gives things a little kickstart:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• mcminnz
    mcminnz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thanks for the reply. Eventually I found that the problem was that I had done a sync from my iPhone but the master password was different. When I went to Sync from my Mac, it just silently failed.

Thanks for the support.

• richsher
    richsher
    Community Member
    Options

Similar sync problems. We have 5 IOS 1Password devices (4.5), 2 laptops (4.4) and 1 iMac (4.4) all running 1Password and all with same iCloud account and all have documents & Data selected. Syncing has been inconsistent, so we followed the procedure to disable all devices and the 2 laptops and started to establish the iMac to sync with iCloud (planning to give it 20 mins before re-enabling the others). However, the iMac got all the way to Preferences/Sync/iCloud and the "Start Syncing" button highlights when clicking but nothing happens. What is next step? We were about to uninstall and reinstall, but stopped. Note, we have the Agilebits versions, not the App Store versions on our laptops and iMac.

Side note: when we select 'options' at the Documents & Data on our Macs show "1Password Mini", not 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richsher‌

I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting sync sorted out here. I'd like to take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• richsher
    richsher
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, I sent a diagnostics report in via the Agilebits tool. Note (sorry) but we had switched back to Dropbox sync after we could not get the iCloud sync working. richsher

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richsher‌

Thanks for sending in the Report! Now, I just want to confirm: are you still hoping that we get iCloud sorted out, or are you happy with Dropbox at this time? Of course we're happy to help troubleshoot iCloud for you, but if you're happy with Dropbox, then there might be no need? ;)

• richsher
    richsher
    Community Member
    Options

At this point, we're happy with Dropbox which is what we used prior to attempting to switch to iCloud. Thank you for the promptness in replies.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richsher,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're happy - that's precisely what I wanted to hear! I hope that Dropbox continues to work smoothly for you, but we're always here if you have further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.