1Password and OmniWeb 6

Options
xiamenese
xiamenese
Community Member

Now that OmniWeb 6 has finally become stable, I'm sure that a lot of fans of the browser, just like me, will be wanting to be able to use it fully as their default browser. The absence of a 1Password extension for OW6 makes that impossible. At the moment, I use OW6 as my default for the sites that I use every day, but when I wish to do anything that is going to require entering passwords — booking tickets, ordering from Amazon, etc. — I have to change to another browser … Chrome at the moment, as I get on better with it than Safari or Firefox, though it's still a second best. Often, I have started working on something in OW6, reach a point where I would like to use the ease provided by a 1Password extension and have to switch to Chrome and get myself to that page ... a real PITA.

So, is there any hope of an extension for OW6?

Mark

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mark ( @xiamenese‌ )

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that OmniWeb supports extensions at this time. This is an issue you will need to bring up with Omni first. In the event that extension support is added, the easiest solution here is if OmniWeb is compatible with our existing extensions for Firefox, Safari or Chrome (as Opera is). Building an extension designed specifically for OmniWeb would be a bit of more involved task. :)

This discussion has been closed.