Smart Link Substitution

Options
ZamboniMan
ZamboniMan
Community Member

I am having trouble with smart links. I have a note that has a lot of links in it and while editing it:

• If I highlight a block of links, right click, Substitutions, Smart Links, nothing changes.
  • if I highlight a single link, right click, Substitutions, Smart Links, nothing changes.
  • If I right click on the edit field, Substitutions, Show Substitutions, Replace All, all of the links are changed to smart links but saving the note reverts the change to plain text.

While not editing the note, highlighting the links and right clicking produces grayed out options for substitution but this is expected.

So how are smart links supposed to work without editing the note every time you want to convert them to smart links so you can use them? It is faster to highlight, copy, switch to a browser, open a new tab and paste the way things are working for me right now.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @ZamboniMan‌

I apologize for the confusion here. Secure Notes currently only support plain text. We've heard a lot of requests for some more robust options here, and I'm happy to add your vote to the request in our internal tracker. :)

This discussion has been closed.