After latest update, 1 password "can't connect to 1 password mini"

Options
traviselliottnd
traviselliottnd
Community Member

I just updated 1PW this morning and have restarted the computer. I am using chrome and clicked on the 1PW mini icon to fill a password and got a error that says the "1PW app must be installed for this extension to work." I've had 1PW installed for years...

When I try and open 1PW I get spinning ball and then an error that say that it cannot connect to 1PW mini.

I am running Mac OS 10.9.2

Thanks.

Comments

• nobait
    nobait
    Community Member
    Options

I have just had the exact same problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @traviselliottnd‌ and @nobait‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Let's see if we can get this sorted.

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

This should get things working properly again, but if you're still seeing issues, please let me know and we'll investigate further! :)

• eyemine
    eyemine
    Community Member
    Options

same but when I launch 1Password it says 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini!!

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @eyemine,

Did you try following Megan's instructions from above?

Next, could you please give this fix a try:

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 4.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then reboot your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
      • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.
      • Or, if you use the Mac App Store version, re-download 1Password from the Mac App Store purchased page.

If that didn't work, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

This discussion has been closed.