Landscape mode and top level menu

Leebutler_me
Leebutler_me
Community Member

When in landscape mode (I am using a keyboard cover) I can not change from Favorites without flipping it to portrait long enough to see the top level menu.

I should be able see that menu or at least tap on Favorites to bring up the top level menu. Another alternative is swipe from the left side to bring the top level menu into view...

Comments

• Hi @Leebutler_me. Could you tell me a little more about the device you're using? The sidebar navigation is always visible on both landscape and portrait mode, except when you're on the detail view of an item, or within Settings.

• Leebutler_me
    Leebutler_me
    Community Member

I am using a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 device with the latest firmware. I discovered the issue by comparing it to my Nexus 7. The Kindle device is shifting the display to the left to make room for the control bar (home, back, etc) displayed on the right side in landscape and that is hiding the high level menu. On my Nexus 7 running KitKat the control bar is an overlay on your window and doesn't effect the left-side high level menu. The Kindle Fire HDX is running a Jelly Bean AOSP derivative so that might be part of the problem.

Sorry for the delay, I did not get a email when you replied... This is still happening with the latest beta update though.

• Hi @Leebutler_me‌,

You are correct that the issue is related to the fact that the Kindle Fire HDX runs a customized branch of Android (Fire OS). While the Kindle Fire is capable of running 1Password 4 because of its common Android heritage, the app hasn't been designed with the Kindle Fire in mind. Our development efforts to this point have been focused on preparing for launch on Google Play, and thus target devices running standard versions of Android.

Once we have launched on Google Play, our team will have the opportunity to look into adding support Kindle Fire devices. As you noted above, the differences between Fire OS and Android will require additional development work. I'll pass on your request for Kindle Fire support to our team so that we can discuss this further. Thank you for the feedback!

Cheers,
    Michael

This discussion has been closed.