Chrome Extension Autosave Bug

Options
Lyle Barrere
Lyle Barrere
Community Member

Recently the chrome extension started asking me to 'Save a New Login' every time I use ⌘/ to fill and submit a password. I've seen other threads where you've said that 1Password need to be unlocked in order for the extension to check if a site already has a log in. The suggested solution on those threads is to use 1Password to submit the log in. I have this issue when I use ⌘/ to fill and submit. The problem is persistent even with 1Password (the full app) open, running and unlocked.

Extension: 1Password 4.1.1.90
1Password: Version 4.1.2 (412009)
Hardware: Apple MacBook Pro Early 2011,

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Lyle,

I'm sorry 1Password keeps prompting to save new Login items after using existing ones. Are the domains for these sites unique? Can you post the URL for any site where this overzealous autosave prompting is happening so we can do some testing here? Thanks!

• Lyle Barrere
    Lyle Barrere
    Community Member
    Options

It appears to be doing it on many sites. The one I notice every day, because I use it for work is: www.earthclassmail.com.

I'm not sure if it is related, but it seems to me the bug started at about the same time as I sometimes had to start hitting ⌘/ more than once to refresh the list of logins when the list was blank. I'll keep a text file open tomorrow and make a list of more domains for you to test.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Lyle,

Thanks for the additional information and URL.

Changes have been made in the beta extension that may help with this issue. If you'd like to give that a try, open the 1Password Extension page in Chrome, then select Enable betas before clicking the big green Install button. With Chrome, make sure it's the only extension enabled on the chrome://extensions page. Since it is still a beta you might notice a few unpolished bits but it's getting closer to an official release.

Any issues specific to the 1Password 4 beta application and/or its extensions can be reported in the Mac Beta subforum. Your feedback is appreciated!

• Lyle Barrere
    Lyle Barrere
    Community Member
    Options

I've recently noticed the non beta version also exhibits this behavior on backblaze.com

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Lyle,

I'm unable to reproduce redundant 1Password autosave prompting with https://secure.earthclassmail.com/Login.aspx and https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm signin pages after successfully filling with existing Login items there.

For the Backblaze page, can you try saving a new Login manually and see that stops the repetitive autosaving there? Creating a new one that works with the Earth Class Mail page is tricker because it needs to be manually edited after manually saving, which I'm filing a report about. So for the moment let's just focus on the issue using Backblaze.

Also, are you using multiple profiles in Chrome?

This discussion has been closed.