1Password 4 for Mac Installation Not Working

Options
dfischer71
dfischer71
Community Member

I just purchased the family license for 1PW Mac. I downloaded and installed it on one Mac. I had 1PW3 on it before and the new version immediately found that info. I added the license and the extension and all is working great. It syncs UP to Dropbox and the new file IS in Dropbox.

THen, I downloaded it again and installed it on a second Mac. I did not have any version on this Mac. Install went fine. Added the license and the extension (Safari). But, almost all the options in the drop down boxes are grayed out. I cannot get it to sync (options grayed out) with Dropbox. It tells me to change to my primary vault which I have no idea how to do, but even if I did, the options are grayed out.

Running Safari 7.0.3 and OSX 10.9.2. I cannot find anything close to this in FAQ's or on the forum. Help! Many thanks.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dfischer71,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password Dropbox syncing on your second Mac. Is the Dropbox application installed, configured, and running there? That's the initial Start Dropbox step in the Dropbox sync guide. Once that's finished your 1Password data should be synced to that Mac and available for Dropbox sync configuration in 1Password there, as documented in the remainder of the guide.

If you're still stuck after that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your second Mac (where the trouble is), along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you get this sorted out. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.