Icons and software licences

Options
bartandeweg
bartandeweg
Community Member

Since my upgrade to version 4 i've lost all my icons. Both form my software as for the websites. I already did search the web. I've checked the usage of Rich Icons. No results. How to use this function?

Also. In the old version i just throw an app on the dock icon and a 'softwarelicence entry' is made. This is not working anymore?

Comments

• bartandeweg
    bartandeweg
    Community Member
    Options

Someone know how to get my icons back?

• Meek
    Options

Hi @bartandeweg,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password. In 1Password 4, rather than using the 1Password 3 custom icons, we decided to us an image server to provide rich, high resolution icons for the most popular websites and software items. For any items that aren't yet in our image server, you can still add your own custom icons by editing the item and dragging the image to the icon placeholder.

Now, as for adding a software license to 1Password by dragging it over, currently this feature is not in 1Password 4. Thanks for the feedback though! I'll add your vote to the request to bring this back, but I can't make any promises.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

• bartandeweg
    bartandeweg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Meek,

Thank's for your reply. No ICON is fetched from your server. And i'm have stored licences from well known software and websites (eg. Adobe, Paypall, Amazon, etc). So is there something wrong?

Also in the old version, website were fetching favicon info for the icon. Now nothing happens??

• Meek
    Options

Hey @bartandeweg,

Hmm, that does sound strange. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bartandeweg
    bartandeweg
    Community Member
    Options

In your mailbox! Thanks so far

• Meek
    Options

Hey @bartandeweg, thanks for sending in your report! We'll take a look through the report and reply to your email as soon as possible.

• Rikkes
    Rikkes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I was wondering if an solution for this problem was found? I also lost all icons (also newly added logins of software don't get icons).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rikkes,

I'd be happy to help you get rich icons displaying properly in 1Password for you. Do you have 'Use rich icons' checked in Preferences > General? Please note that icons are handled differently between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4, so custom icons that you created in 1Password 3 will not be imported. In 1Password 4, you can certainly add custom icons if you wish, but if you have rich icons enabled, all available icons will be pulled from our image server. If there are some icons missing, please let us know and we'll get them added to our to do list. :)

• Rikkes
    Rikkes
    Community Member
    Options

I did find the preference some time ago, but thanks for the info! Indeed didn't know you had to turn it on...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rikkes,

Happy to help! Please let us know if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.