[Request] User defined Categories, RichText Notes, New Field type, Naming of the default tresor

Options
ThomasKlein
ThomasKlein
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Hi,

i don't know where to place a feature request for all Versions of 1Password, so excuse me if this place is wrong.

1. Today i tried to add my insurances to 1Password. In lag of a category i used the Membership cards and rearranged them for my needs. It worked somehow, but it would be nice if i can create my own, user defined, categories and not only separate them by a different Tag.

2. RichText or Markdown for Notes is a must have! Please add it!

3. If i add a additional field to a whatever category, it can only be added as a text or password field. Please add Date, Time and URL field types. And maybe you can make it possible to add a user defined field type, like the cell format in Microsoft-Excel (#,###, MM DD YYYY, etc.).

4. And at last it would be really nice if the default tresor could be renamed.

Thanx in advance!

Yours
Thomas

Comments

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Markdown rendering of Secure Notes and notes on other items. My notes in 1Password are all already written in Markdown, so it would be a natural fit for me.

+1 for field types. This has been improved in 1Password for iOS 4.5 (more options when adding a new field), but this feature has spotty support on iOS/Mac. On iOS, as of 4.5, you can change the type when adding a new field, but not when editing an existing field (AFAIK). However, the only options are text, password, URL, and email. Missing are phone number, address, and date. On Mac, you can change the field type for existing fields, but the options are more limited – text or password. This is a part of the apps I would love to see progress on in the next round of updates. :)

• Thanks for the great suggestion! I will be sure we've got them in our bug tracker and will look into them for future releases.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Markdown as well.

I also have most of my notes already written for Markdown and would love to see proper Markdown formatting across all devices.

• MrRooni
    Options

Thanks @ZamboniMan!

This discussion has been closed.