two different 1Password.agilekeychains

Options
Bossaller
Bossaller
Community Member

Hi there,
I use 1Password 4.4 on the mac and 1Password Version 4.5.1 on my iOS Devices. I use the DropBox Sync for mac and all my iOS Devices. Now I realized, that the sync between my iOS Devices works well, but the sync between iOS und Mac doesn't work. I found, that there are two different 1Password.agilekeychains in my DropBox-Folder:
1Password.agilekeychain
1PasswordKey.agilekeychain
I think, this causes the problem with the sync.

I removed the 1PasswordKey.agilekeychain file from my DropBox Folder, but now my iOS Devices are unable to sync and I don't find any way to tell my iOS-Devices, that they have to use the other keychain file in my DropBox folder Who can tell me, how I can solve this problem.

much thanks for your efforts - Christoph

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bossaller,

Let's start fresh with a brand new keychain here:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

• Bossaller
    Bossaller
    Community Member
    Options

thanks a lot, now it works well

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bossaller‌,

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad to hear that worked. We're here if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.