Login to bank not working - 2 step process

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Hi,
I believe they treat both username and password as passwords, it is 2 step process to login and when entered manually (copy and paste) it works fine.
However, clicking login in 1P4 enters password as username (Login ID), and gives warning that this Login ID does not exist. I copy and paste proper Login ID and on next screen is previously entered Login ID and empty window for password. By selecting 1P4 to fill in the info, it again enters Login ID as password and password as Login ID and offers to save/update the login.
If I select to update, the good login is obliterated and I have to go through the password reset.
When I follow "Saving a new Login manually", I end up with 2 different logins (step 1 and step 2). However, both have only password, no username (Login ID) saved, and both are same, e.g. saved password is Login ID in both. The password is not even saved by 1P4.
Here are the websites:
http://www.kbrhfcu.org/index.php and click on Login on left side to get to:
https://www.netbranch.app.fiserv.com/kbrhfcu/Default.aspx

Also, since I use manual login, is there a way for this website to stop offering to save 1P4 login on each step?

So far I use manual login, I was not able to make this website work. All other logins (I have over 60 now) seem to be working fine.
Do you have any ideas?

By the way, I use 1P4.1.3, MacBook Pro and OS X with Safari

Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you looked at this knowledge base article on how to create multi-page logins? Although it applies to 1P3 the principles should also apply to 1P4.

Stephen

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

I will try again, however multipage (2 step in my write up above) does not work and actually obliterates good login with wrong data when updated. Second page has both Login ID and password (first page has only Login ID) and 1P4 consistently enters password in Login ID and Login ID in password field, even though these are entered correctly during the setup.
    I think the website treats both entries as password (both have only dots visible when entered) and somehow the subsequent login is confused.
    I use multipage login on another site with no problem. On this site I was only able to login successfully by manually copy/paste Login ID and password.
    Overall 1P4 works great and if I have to enter this one site manually it is not a big deal.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

I'm so sorry to hear that this site is giving you trouble! Pages like this are always difficult for us to test without a proper account, but it does seem strange to me that your password is getting saved to both the username and password fields.

Could you take a look at the webform details and see if your username and password are saved correctly there? If not, you can update these details as necessary. Does this make any difference in 1Password's filling?

Also, since I use manual login, is there a way for this website to stop offering to save 1P4 login on each step?

We are currently tracking a bug where 1Password can be a bit over-zealous in asking to save sites that are already in its database. To prevent this from happening (until we get things working properly for good) you can add the websites to the exceptions list in Preferences > Browser, just below 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins'.

Hope this is helpful :)

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

I do not go to this website that often but I will troubleshoot when I got some time and post back here. Thanks for the suggestions.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

You're welcome, @Fairgame, on behalf of @Megan and @Stephen_C.

We look forward to hearing from you again after you've had time to do more troubleshooting. I hope you're successful getting 1P4 working with that site!

• HandyHank41
    HandyHank41
    Community Member
    Options

From the 1P3 instructions: "Step 1: Save the first Login
    Many multi-page login sites ask for your username on the first page, and occasionally some kind of secret question as well. Some even randomize this secret question each time you visit. To begin the process, enter your username and answer any secret questions, press Return, and the Save to 1Password bar should appear at the top of your browser."
    First I have two 'keys' (1P4) at the top of the screen: 1) on the top menu that includes 'Safari' and 2) on the window that shows the red, yellow, and green dots. So which one is the correct one?
    Secondly the "Save to 1Password bar" does NOT appear anywhere that I can see.
    Bottom line is that I, like several others, get the 2nd URL password saved without the User_ID anywhere to be seen.
    I THINK I saw some instruction like hold "Shift" before entering the User_ID and it would FORCE a login. y/n? Or something similar?
    Hank

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HandyHank41‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. It sounds like you're looking at instructions for 1Password 3 when you have 1Password 4 installed. For some more recent instructions on how to make a multiple page Login work, please take a look at the post here: 1Password and Bank of America. The instructions are specific to Bank of America, but many users have found they work well for other multi-page Logins.

If you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.