Manual Folder not Syncing

Options
StrafeEyesClosed
StrafeEyesClosed
Community Member

Hi -
I have 1Password installed on Mac Mavericks (10.9.2), latest version (4.4) and also on my iPhone running the latest iOS and fully updated apps. However, I have one folder with 15 items in it which refuses to fully sync with the iPhone. Only 6 items show up on the iPhone, but all items do sync under the logins (92 in all). Why won't the manually selected 15 items appear in my iPhone's equivalent folder?
I have tried disabling and re-enabling sync, but no joy.
Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StrafeEyesClosed‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with sync right now. Could you let me know what you are using to sync?

• dataguy
    dataguy
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar problem with latest 1P on iPhone/iPad (7.1.1) and Mac (Mountain Lion) with 1P 3.8.21... iTunes says it's copying my latest 1P keychain file to the iOS device, but when I check the device, it hasn't been updated. While I only just noticed this yesterday, it appears to have been a problem for several weeks (my iOS devices are that far out of sync).

When I go into 1P settings on the iOS device and select Sync / iTunes I'm dumped into Safari on an Apple support page... WTF? Your support doc is useless as it only talks about iCloud and Dropbox - http://www.manula.com/manuals/agilebits/1password-4-for-ios/4/en/topic/welcome-to-1password-for-ios.

Thanks for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dataguy,

I apologize for the trouble here. Unfortunately, iTunes import is not working with the current version of 1Password. Our developers are doing their best to get this feature implemented again as soon as possible.

To keep 1Password 4 for iOS in sync with 1Password 3 for Mac for the time being, I recommend Dropbox. It's simple and automatic. :)

With respect to your comment about the documentation, our docs team is currently working to re-write all our support articles to be compatible with the 4.5 re-design, I'm sorry that you're seeing gaps - we'll try to have this resolved soon!

• dataguy
    dataguy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Thanks for the reply and good info. While nobody likes a software bug, I'm glad there's an actual problem behind this issue, rather than it being an isolated case. Hopefully a fix will be on the way soon.

While I know Dropbox is a very convenient way to sync, I'm a security conscious kinda dataguy, so I'm reluctant to do that with my personal 1P data. I do use Dropbox for my company's 1P implementation (they're OK with it) and yes, it is convenient, but I'm going to keep my personal data very local.

I will say that I am enjoying the new multiple vaults feature of 1P 4 for iOS as it let's me access both my personal data as well as my company data... good stuff! I should upgrade my Mac 1P installation to the latest version to take advantages of the new features (maybe switch to wifi sync).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dataguy,

Thanks for your understanding here!

I am so glad you are thinking strongly about the security of your data - thats what we like to see! Storing your data locally is a completely valid choice, and I'm not here to talk you out of it, but I do want to tell you just a bit more about why we think that storing your data in a service like Dropbox or iCloud is secure.

We are very confident about storing 1Password data in the cloud, as your data file is encrypted with an exceedingly secure encryption algorithm called AES. Even if someone were to acquire a copy of your 1Password data file, it would be extremely difficult (approaching impossible in a human lifetime) for them to actually gain access to your passwords without your Master Password. In short, we believe it is just as secure as having the data on your laptop. To learn more about cloud data security, have a read through the following article.

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/cloud_storage_security.html

And you can see the thoughts behind our data format's design here.

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Security/keychain-design.html

Also, you can check out our blog for many more articles that go into the nitty gritty math behind what makes 1Password so secure.

http://blog.agilebits.com/tag/cryptography_/

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying multiple vaults. If you have any further questions, or need help if you decide to upgrade, please let me know - we're always happy to help!

• StrafeEyesClosed
    StrafeEyesClosed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan‌

I'm using iCloud to sync the data between 1Password (latest) on Mac OS X Mavericks and iOS7 (latest iOS and app release). Tags are synching but the folder doesn't update fully even though all the items have synced.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @StrafeEyesClosed‌,

What happens if you create a new folder on your Mac and move all the items from the old, not syncing folder into the new one?

• StrafeEyesClosed
    StrafeEyesClosed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @JasperP. That solved it!
    Much appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StrafeEyesClosed‌

On behalf of @JasperP, thanks for letting us know that you're all sorted out ! We're here if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.