1PasswordAnywhere not working?

Options
pyrogerg
pyrogerg
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

The timestamp on my 1Password.html file indicates that it is over a year old, despite the fact that I just synced with Dropbox.

I'm generally using iCloud sync, but because I want to be able to access my passwords from anywhere, I switched to Dropbox sync, waited for the sync to happen, then switched back to iCould sync. I appear to have about five copies of 1Password.html in the Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain, but the newest of them is a year old. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @pyrogerg,

When you login to 1PasswordAnywhere, are there any logins missing? The timestamp on the 1Password.html file doesn't really matter, as long as all the logins are showing.

If you have several 1Password.html files, you can simply delete the extra ones. None of your data is actually stored in the HTML files, they just include the code for 1PasswordAnywhere.

• alisonlapidus
    alisonlapidus
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Jasper,

I am experiencing the same issue @pyrogerg mentioned above, however when I log into 1PasswordAnywhere and open my 1Password.html file I am missing logins.

There is only one 1Password.html file that is sunk with my dropbox account. I don't know how to generate a newer version of the 1Password.html file

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alisonlapidus‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1PasswordAnywhere right now. The best way to ensure that your 1Password.html file is up to date is to generate a fresh keychain in Dropbox. Please try this:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

• alisonlapidus
    alisonlapidus
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @megan ! That did it

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alisonlapidus‌

I'm so glad to hear that worked - thanks for letting me know! We're here if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.