Error: 'Failed to open 1Password database' [resolved]

Options
kwoffa
kwoffa
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi.

Just updated OS X to 10.9.3, and immediately upon restart I hit a snag with 1Password. Although the app seems to be working okay in my own user account on the Mac, as soon as I changed to the other user account the above error message appeared.

Under the main heading it read:- 1Password mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'database locked' Additional information: 2014-05-16 08:39:52 +0000 4.4 440002 Error domain = SQLite Code = 5 "database is locked" UserInfo = Ox7fad98c31d50 {SQLiteExtenderError = 5 NSLocalized Description=database is locked}

It isn't just the mini that is affected either; when I try to open the main app from my apps folder it also throws up the locked database error message.

Can anyone throw light on what is going on please? And any ideas how to fix it?

Comments

• kwoffa
    kwoffa
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I've sorted it... I don't know what had happened, but I just tried logging off the other user, and then logging them back on. When I logged back on 1Password was working again. (I'd just been switching users before.)

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @kwoffa,

I'm glad to hear you've got it sorted. :)

This issue is could be caused by two instances of 1Password mini trying to access your OnePassword.sqlite file at once, and simply logging off or restarting should fix it.

Please let us know if you run into any other problems!

This discussion has been closed.