Trouble getting started with 1Password for iOS

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to generate passwords in browser? Lost in new version..

Comments

• PapaWiz
    PapaWiz
    Community Member
    Options

Hey I am less than whelmed with 1password at this point. My son, the tech guru, said this program is the best. I am having trouble working through all the steps. I have reviewed the guide and downloaded it for reference but of course you use Facebook for your example and there are too many unexplained fields in each password set up. For those of us who are just trying to protect ourselves with a better password system. Any "beginner" sites that really dumb this thing down to my level?

• PapaWiz
    PapaWiz
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry forgot to say I don't use Facebook and just need to figure out how change my old passwords. Let me represent you in court, that is easy. This is NOT!!!

• PapaWiz
    PapaWiz
    Community Member
    Options

This is for you Megan....can you tell the team they need to pump up the guide with clearer instructions for us newbies who are technophobes. I tried to follow the guide but it seems that some of the steps could be stated clearer than they are. There were so many fields located in the new login or email accounts I didnt know what to put in it. I didnt know what field was important and I couldnt figure out how to connect it to my gmail account. My son says this is the best and he uses it for his computer tech job. At 60 yrs old I sometimes have trouble figuring out what password needs to be changed......thanks for any assistance you can give.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @PapaWiz,

I've merged your posts into a new discussion so we can better assist you.

Thanks for the feedback about our documentation! We're currently working hard to improve it. :)

To change a website's password using 1Password 4 for iOS:

• Open 1Password 4 for iOS, and unlock it.
    • Go to the website whose password you want to change in 1Browser.

• If you have an existing login item for this site already stored in 1Password, find login item in your vault and tap on the website address to launch 1Browser, which should log you into the site.
    • Navigate to the site’s change password page, and enter your current password.

• If you have an existing login item for this site already stored in 1Password, switch to vault mode (slider in bottom left corner), find the login item in your vault, tap the password, and then Copy.
    • Once your current password is entered into the website's change password form, slide 1Browser aside (slider in bottom left corner), find login item in your vault, and tap Edit.

• In the password field, type in a new password, or use the Strong Password Generator (the blue key icon) to generate a new one.
    • Save the item by tapping Done.
    • Copy the password (tap the password field, then Copy), and slide 1Browser back into view.
    • Paste the new password into the new and confirmation fields, then submit the changes to the form.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.