Is My Data Safe?

Options
AJOrange
AJOrange
Community Member

I just got notified today that LifeLock's Secure Wallet service (previously was Lemon Wallet before being acquired) was not just terminated, but that they actually reached out and DELETED data from all our devices.

Of course I had things like copies of the cards in my physical wallet in there, but I had other information like Policy Numbers, access codes, as well as cards that no longer physically exists. All of that is now apparently gone forever (I have multiple phone calls into Lifelock to get a definitive answer on this one).

I had actually just purchased 1Password for iOS in addition to 1P for OSX (Family) and was in the process of starting to move my important data into the program. If I had just been a couple weeks ahead I would have avoided this whole disaster!

The point of my post is to ask is there any method by which AgileBits could remotely wipe my data? (of course I don't expect them to, but I didn't expect a company who specializes in protecting my private info to do it either)

I am syncing using the Dropbox method so I believe that alone should make it less likely, but I just thought I would double check.

Thanks, in advance

Comments

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @AJOrange,

No, there is no way we can wipe your data. We don't store, or have access to it. Your data is yours. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.