Error message "update settings"

Options
cueoriginal
cueoriginal
Community Member

Hi,

some weeks ago after I use 1password via Safari there is a message being displayed stating that I have do update my settings and sync failed. I tried to enable sync again but always the same message vie the message center. Also deleting the 1password settings within my preferences folder did not sort the problem out. I also did reinstall 1password and its plugin but still no success.

I am hoping as soon as we solve this problem sync will merge my settings correctly as I sure did edited and created some passwords in the meantime.

My system is german so do not be to strict with the error message as I just tried to translate it with the correct meaning.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @cueoriginal,

Sorry to hear about the syncing trouble!

Could you please let me know what sync method you are using? Dropbox or iCloud?

Thanks in advance! :)

• cueoriginal
    cueoriginal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

sorry forgot to mention that I am using iCloud to sync.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cueoriginal,

It sounds like 1Password's iCloud sync configuration might need a more thorough reset. Before doing that, can you let us know if you have iCloud sync configured on any other systems/devices and is it working okay with them? Thanks!

• cueoriginal
    cueoriginal
    Community Member
    Options

I do also use 1password on two more iOS devices working great. Except that for sure I do have some differences now between my iOS devices and my MAC database...

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @cueoriginal,

Let's try completely resetting iCloud sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click 1Password in the menu bar, then Preferences. Go the the Sync tab, and then click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices app and re-enable iCloud sync.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• cueoriginal
    cueoriginal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

thanks for the help it seems as if this has done the trick. Hopefully syncing will be stable now as this is already the second time that syncing was out of sync. But I bet there are some problems at Apples to as my Safari bookmarks are not fully OK either. Now I will troubleshoot into that. Good to have a Time Machine backup...

Thanks again!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @cueoriginal,

On behalf @JasperP, you're welcome. I'm glad iCloud syncing is sorted out for you now (again) and hope it won't need another reset.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or issues. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.