License Question - Multiple Computers

Options
fkandt
fkandt
Community Member

I have upgraded from 1Password 3 to 4 on both my iMac and my iPhone through the App Store. Both are working fine and syncing over the cloud. I also have a Macbook Pro laptop and do I understand correctly that I can install a copy of 4 also on it without extra charge?

If I can, how do I do that? When I go to the App Store with my MBP the checkbox on 1Password only shows the option of buying it ("Buy App").

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

So long as you use the same AppleID on both Macs, you should be able to download it from the Mac App Store without further charge. Perhaps you are using a different AppleID on your laptop? Or did you, perchance, buy your copy directly from AgileBits? Then you would download another copy from your user account there.

• fkandt
    fkandt
    Community Member
    Options

Hawkmoth that's my understanding as well. I did buy from Apple App Store and I'm using the same account and AppleID. In the App Store it shows a price of $49.99. When I click on that it changes to "Buy App" Perhaps the system is such that if I then click on "Buy App" it will recognize I own it and let me download for no charge. Guess I'm chicken to click "Buy Now" for fear it will charge me another 50 bucks......

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I wouldn't check that Buy Now option either. Then you'll be trying to get a refund from Apple, a process I would try to avoid. I think you may need help from Apple, although I am not sure how you should go about getting it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I once had immense problems installing an app on my MacBook Pro, no matter how much space I created it refused to download. What I ended up doing was downloading on my Mac Mini and then simply copying the program across to the MacBook Pro where it was recognised and all was well (both obviously using the same Apple ID). Might be worth trying that to see what happens. I agree with hawkmoth, while I believe there was a point where you had to bravely click buy now to re-download a program, I think they improved that aspect of the UI so I'd also fear you'd get hit with a $49.99 charge again.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you looked in the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store app? Seems obvious, I know, but all of my stuff that I've purchased or downloaded for free under my AppleID is there. Just grasping at straws here.

• fkandt
    fkandt
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I think I have it solved. As you suggested I did go to the Purchases tab in the Mac Store on my laptop. It shows 1Password 4 as already purchased and has a box to click to "Install". That will install it without charge on my laptop. Thanks for your thoughts.........

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fkandt,

Just want to confirm that you've successfully installed 1Password 4 through App Store on your MacBook Pro. If you do need more help with that or anything else please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.