1Password Master password no longer works after trying to sync with Dropbox

Options
andrewchung
andrewchung
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I recently tried to sync my Mac 1Password account to my iPad mini account via dropbox.

However upon trying to sync my 1Password account to my ipad mini via dropbox it wouldn't accept my master password to open up the backed up file.

I found this weird at first as i had just used my master password to sign into my 1Password account on my Mac in order to set up the sync to dropbox.

I thought nothing of it and stepped away from my Mac as i figured it might just need some time to sync up.

I came back to my Mac and tried to log into my 1Password account and all of a sudden my master password now no longer works for my Mac 1Password as well!

I have tried copying and pasting my master password into 1Password to ensure there is no key board issues and i still can't login.

I haven't changed my master password since creating the account.

Is there anything that can be done to remedy this?

Thanks.

Comments

• andrewchung
    andrewchung
    Community Member
    Options

I figured the issue out in the end ... turns out i did have a keyboard issue which wasn't logging one of my keys correctly... rectified now myself!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andrewchung,

I'm really glad you figured out the problem and were able to get 1Password unlocked again! I suppose there's relief in discovering it being a keyboard issue, even though that's still no fun, instead of anything more permanent.

This discussion has been closed.