Does Master Password sync across iOS devices and Mac OS X desktop?

Options
jlandau
jlandau
Community Member

I use 1Password on my iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X desktop with Dropbox syncing.

Recently I changed my Master Password (MP) on my iPad and found that it propagated over to my desktop install, but not to my iPhone. Right after that, I found that my iPhone install would not accept either the old or the new MP.

After backing up my 1Password.agilekeychain file, I deleted the iPhone install and then re-installed it from the app store. After pointing the new install to the 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox I still find that it will not accept either the new MP (currently in use on iPad and desktop installs) or the old MP (previously used on the IPhone).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jlandau,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Could please give this a try:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Make sure all your data is on your Mac, then delete the 1Password app from your iPhone.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS apps (and other Macs if you have any) and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Please let us know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.