Do you have plans for different pricing schemes on iOS?

Options
yoavw
yoavw
Community Member

All I need from a mobile app is a read-only access to a single vault located on drop box. I have no need for the rich set of nice features you've bundled into your app and paying 18$ for such an app is on the expensive side.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If all you need is read only access and you use Dropbox, you could use your mobile web browser to access 1PasswordAnywhere in your Dropbox account. That wouldn't cost anything extra above your license for your desktop copy. Here is some information about doing that.

• yoavw
    yoavw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I tried to use Safari on my iPhone and even though I managed to enter my password file, the interface is so cumbersome that I couldn't even copy a password to the clipboard.
    I do prefer a dedicated app for accessing the password file and I'm willing to pay for that - I just think that that for my needs, paying 18$ is too expensive.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Works better on my iPad. I have not tried it on my iPhone, but I am fully able to believe it's something of a mess there.

• yoavw
    yoavw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Andrew. I'm currently trying out the Windows version (on chrome). Until now I used keepass as my password utility software but I'm looking for a more convenient replacement that will work on all of Windows, OSX and iOS.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yoavw‌

It sounds like you've already got some good advice here. At this time, 1PasswordAnywhere is your best bet to access your 1Password data on your mobile device without purchasing the iOS app. You're right, it's not quite up to 1Password 4's standards yet, but our developers are looking into improving this in the future.

I can't comment much on our future plans, but it's great to know that you are interested in something like a read-only version on iOS. Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.