1Password Browser Extensions for Windows

Not sure if this has been reported yet or if the problem is isolated only to me but recently, I have found that 1Password extensions in Firefox, IE and Chrome no longer auto-submits login forms. In other words, while it automatically fills in login name and password fields, it does not hit the "Login", "OK" or other button which is the default in ANY of the websites which used to work fine.

Just asking the question to see if this problem is just me or whether this is a known issue.

FYI, I recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 over the top of the 2013 version.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried temporarily disabling KIS to see whether the problem disappears?

If it does, and re-enabling KIS makes the problem recur, then you'll know the cause of the problem.

Please let us know how it goes!

• laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

Hi, Disabling KIS does not resolve the issue. But its an issue I am comfortable living with...for now. Clicking on the Login button isn't a huge inconvenience.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014

The 1Password extension in your web browser isn't communicating with the 1Password helper (anymore).

Not having auto-submit is the lesser of your problems, because newly created Login items probably aren't syncing to the 1Password app anymore.

Here are a few things you can try:

1. http://www.manula.com/manuals/agilebits/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/troubleshooting-extensions-win
    2. http://www.manula.com/manuals/agilebits/1password-4-for-windows/4/en/topic/av-am-fw-programs
  • laugher
    laugher
    Community Member

Hi svondutch, I am not sure that diagnosis is exactly right. The reason I hesitate to agree is because when I edit a login profile from the web browser extensions/addons (usually because I am changing the password and I use the 1Password Random Password generator and copying it directly in an edit of a login profile using the same web extension/addon), it DOES get updated to the 1Password desktop windows application and subsequently, all my other devices using 1Password.

Or is my understanding of how the 1Password web browser extensions/addons too primitive and perhaps this update that occurs particularly with 1Password happens through some other medium?

Just in case it makes a difference, I am sync'ing my keychains to my Dropbox.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@laugher, I've sent you a message and hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.