Just a question

Options
jestep
jestep
Community Member

Can you allow the app to stay unlocked? As an example, I need to copy user name and password for another app. After copying username and then switching to the app coming back to 1 password I have to reenter my password to get back in, is there a way to not do that for a specific amount of time??

Comments

• Splurov
    Splurov
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Settings -> Security -> Lock on exit (set to Off).

There you can also configure the Automatically lock after a certain period of time.

As far as I understand after changing the security settings you need to restart the application.

• saad
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hello! There are two options within Settings -> Security that will help:

PIN Code: The PIN Code allows you to create a short numerical passcode (ideally 4 digits) to unlock your vault. With this feature enabled, every time you return back to 1Password from the background, you will only be required to enter your PIN code to access your data. So now when you switch between applications and return back to 1Password, you just need to enter your numeric passcode instead of your master password.

Lock on Exit: This will keep your vault unlocked when you switch between applications on your device. There’s no need to enter a quick unlock code or a master password when you return

• jestep
    jestep
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys I guess I thought the settings meant something good else

• saad
    Options

No problem. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    Options

I have a related question for my device when the display "sleeps". If Lock on Exit is on and 1Password is active and the the display goes to sleep after one minute, when I press the power button to turn the display back on 1Password has "logged out" and is sitting at the master password entry screen. If Lock on Exit is off when the display goes to sleep then 1Password is still active when I press the power button. I'm a little confused because I don't associate the display sleep with exit. Note: "Automatically lock" is set to the default 10 minutes. Is this what you guys expect to be happening?

Version 4.0.0b17 (Build 20140506) (19)
    Droid Razr M
    Android 4.1.2

• mverde
    Options

Hi @ag1pwun‌,

Yes, this is consistent with what we expect to happen. For the purposes of the "lock on exit" setting, we consider any action that takes you away from 1Password to be exiting. Since the screen going to sleep effectively takes you away from 1Password (since you can no longer use it when the display is off), we consider this to be equivalent to leaving the app. I hope that explanation helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    Options

Hi mverde,

Thank you for the explanation. The app is looking great.

• mverde
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the app. Let me know if you have any additional questions - we're always happy to help!

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Michael,

After thinking about this a bit I think that 1P should not exit on display sleep. That would be consistent with most, if not all, of my other Android apps. I suggest that the "Automatically lock" security timeout should govern when the app exits when idle. If one is concerned about forgetting that 1P was left running when the display turns off then the lock timeout can be set less than or equal to the display timeout.

Regards, Steve

• mverde
    Options

For our initial release on Google Play, we plan to keep the current behaviour as it errs on the side of security. In order to make sure that we are best serving the needs of our customers, we regularly review these kinds of implementation details. I will pass your comments on to our development team for review. Thanks for the feedback.

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Michael,

I understand the decision to maintain the currently functionality. But I believe this is a one-time decision; once it is released in the current form it should not be changed as users will expect the app to always exit when their device sleeps.

Cheers,
    Steve

This discussion has been closed.