Lock on exit

Options
Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

I'm not sure the 1P4 does what I thought it would. I have version 4.5.1
The iPad has the following security settings:
Request Master Password after ... several minutes.
Pin code allowed with shorter time then Master password above.
Lock on Exit selected.
Use iOS Keychain allowed.

When I double click the home button and swipe the 1P4 app up, I would assume that this equals to exiting it on iPad. However, if I try to open it immediately, only the Pin is requested and the app opens.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

I apologize if these settings are a bit confusing - there are quite a few options here. 'Lock on Exit' doesn't refer specifically to the Master Password, but to both the PIN and Master Password. If you have 'Lock on Exit' disabled, 1Password 4 will remain completely unlocked for the period of time you specify. For example, if you have 'Request Code After' set to 2 minutes, you can switch back and forth between 1Password and other apps, or close 1Password completely and re-open for up to 2 minutes without being prompted for the PIN or Master Password.

If you have 'Lock on Exit' enabled, 1Password will lock when you leave the app, and will require either the PIN or the Master Password when you switch back, depending on the amount of time you've been away.

I hope this helps to clear things up, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the explanation. Now it makes sense. I like the setting as it is.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fairgame,

Happy to help! Please let me know if there's anything else that doesn't make sense to you. :)

This discussion has been closed.