Unable to open 1Password since update

Options
sunman42
sunman42
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Updated my system to 10.9.3 today, and I find that I can no longer log in to 1Password. It may just be a senior moment, but I'm pretty certain I haven't changed the password recently. Anyone else seeing any similar issues?

Comments

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

@sunman42,

I also updated to 10.9.3 today and have been able to open 1Password (4.4, Agile Web version) with no problem.

The fact that the password isn't visible when you enter it makes it difficult to know what you are doing wrong. I'm a good keyboarder but still sometimes fail to enter a password correctly. When that happens, I just keep trying more slowly and more deliberately until I succeed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sunman42,

I'm not aware of any issues with 10.9.3 that affect 1Password. Your Master Password certainly should still be able to unlock it. Have you already tried unlocking multiple times, entering your Master Password more slowly and deliberately like @DavidB suggested? And have you recently changed your Master Password in 1Password on this Mac or on any other system/device it's syncing with? It can't hurt to try any other Master Password(s) that might work.

Let us know if you're still having trouble unlocking 1Password and we'll look for other possibilities to get you back in. Thanks!

• Adelene Cheong
    Adelene Cheong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sjk, just updated my OS X Maverick 10.9.3 yesterday, and 1Password 4 app and 1Password Mini (in Safari) failed to launch since. There is an error report asking to check with developer if the updated version is compatible. Please advise urgent.
    Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Adelene,

I found email from you, with a Diagnostics Report, and have replied with instructions for reinstalling the 1Password 4 application which appears to be damaged. If that doesn't fix the problem we'll continue working with you through email until 1Password is working correctly again. Thanks!

• brentholl
    brentholl
    Community Member
    Options

I have Adelene's problem too. Curiously, it's only a problem on my Mac Air and not my iMac, both of which have just been updated to the new Mavericks 10.9.3. To be clear, 1Password does not connect with 1Password Mini and then instructs me to quit. Rinse, repeat.... same thing again and again. Help please.

• brentholl
    brentholl
    Community Member
    Options

Further, I'm instructed to contact 1Password support, hence the comment...

• brentholl
    brentholl
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed it by deleting the old copy of 1Password and reinstalling a fresh version. No worries.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @brentholl‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm sorry that we didn't get here in time to be of any help, but I'm glad to hear that installing a fresh copy of 1Password got things up and running for you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.