problem with autosubmit [Moved to private email]

Options
Unavailable
Unavailable
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I am not sure if there is a real problem here or if I just do not understand how this thing is supposed to work. I have been using 1password for iOS for a while and just upgraded to the newest version of it and also bought the Mac version as well. My issue is with the Mac version. I have tried the autosubmit feature and found the following behavior... If, from 1password, i click on the "open and fill" option the program opens Safari and loads the specified page but the submission does not seem to work. It is as though the enter key was not pressed. However, pressing enter or clicking on the enter button on the web page does nothing. It is do this a second time, thus opening up a new tab in Safari, everything works as expected. I have determined that if I first go to the web page that I want to log into and then "Open and Fill" everything works as advertised. If a allow 1password to launch Safari then it does not work. I have tried this with www.barnesandnoble.com and well as my bank site. Is this the way it is supposed to work or is this a problem? Thanks!

--Stephen

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stephen ( @Unavailable‌ )

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! You don't mention whether you purchased 1Password directly from our website or from the Mac App Store, but in the event that you did purchase from the Mac App Store, I've got a trick that should give you better results with auto-submit.

Please install this Autosubmit Script, and let me know if it helps!

(If you purchased 1Password directly from our website, this script won't help you ... so let me know and we'll investigate further!)

• Unavailable
    Unavailable
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I forgot that that might be relevant. I purchased directly through your website. I have since noticed that the 1password mini thing seems to fail even harder for me. It does not even fill in the username and password fields for my bank unless I am already in a safari session that has ben connected to the bank before. If I quit safari and let the mini thing start safari it will not fill the fields. Beginning tomorrow and until about May 6, I will be unable to work on this problem so please do not take silence from me as an indication that I have solved the issue or that I no longer wish to work on it. I will check back when I have internet access again. Thanks!

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Unavailable,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

When you get access to internet again (no worries on the delay), could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Unavailable
    Unavailable
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent the report in a few minutes ago. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Unavilable,

We got the report, we'll follow up as soon as possible!

• Unavailable
    Unavailable
    Community Member
    Options

I just realized that I had not yet heard anything about this issue. Has there been any progress?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Unavailable,

Thanks so much for checking in on us! I took a look at your email in our system, and it seems that someone on our support team responded to you several days ago. Please check your junk mail or spam filter to see if the response got misfiled. :)

This discussion has been closed.