Dropbox sync broken [Resolved via Email]

Options
bartimaeus
bartimaeus
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I recently changed to Dropbox Sync after upgrading to iPassword 4.4 and am finding this to be a nightmare.

Set-up

• Multiple macs (running either 10.9.2 or 10.9.3) with 1Password 4.4 installed.
  • Dropbox sync with keychain in a shared folder which is in an unconventional location. (I enabled this after checking that the issues in previous versions of 1Password were fixed in 4.3).
  • Did clean reinstall of 1Password, set-up dropbox sync from main computer and then repeated process on other machines.

Problem:

• Dropbox sync quits silently. No notifications, no indication of sync conflict, zilch! Found out the hard way after making many changes prompted by the Watchtower service.
  • Each time this happens, clean out the 1Password install and re-enable the sync with a fresh install. I don't want to "merge databases" since I am not sure if I then have to wade through and clean out potential sync conflicts.
  • Seems to happen on all machines, but at different times. Oftentimes one machine is syncing fine, I fix the problem on another and then it all starts again at a different node.
  • Curiously, none of my preference settings stick. I am prompted with enabling 1Password mini or installing browser extensions on every launch (this even when the sync is happening).

Some diagnostic info:

• log files have no information apart from start/stop of helper application.
  • Note that sync to iOS seems to be fine (but I guess that is expected).

Questions:

• Is there something wrong with my set-up that is causing the sync to fail quietly?
  • Relatedly, is the 1password.html file supposed to be able to read the data (mine cannot)?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bartimaeus‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems here. It sounds to me like this might be a permissions issue (since none of your preferences are sticking), but I'd like to take a closer look at your system before we get into any serious troubleshooting. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• bartimaeus
    bartimaeus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌

Thanks a lot! I have just emailed you the diagnostic report from one of the machines.
    For the record, on this machine, the sync is still working since I posted the message on the forums
    though the preferences are still not sticking.

Thanks for your help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bartimaeus‌

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• bartimaeus
    bartimaeus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Megan‌

Thanks! I did indeed get some trouble-shooting suggestions and things seem to be working locally. Will keep tabs on how things progress in the next couple of days.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bartimaeus‌

I'm so glad to hear things seem to be working for you! I hope things continue to behave for you from now on, but we are here if you run into any further snags. :)

This discussion has been closed.