Can't change my Master Password

Options
Piérre Reimertz
Piérre Reimertz
Community Member

I have this weird but where I can login to the Mac App with my Master password, but when I try to use the same password to login to my chrome extension or just change my password, it gets rejected.

My idea is that 1Password decodes password differently in their input fields.

Anyone have any clues what I can do?

The password is a string of words I copy from a homepage.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Piérre,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in to 1Password right now. It sounds like there's a bit of a disconnect somewhere. Both the main 1Password app and the 1Password Mini and browser extensions access the same database, so you shouldn't see a discrepancy in Master Password here.

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.