Feature request: favorites sort higher in mini search

Options
ehurkman
ehurkman
Community Member

I have a lot of logons (21) with a common phrase ("amazon", due to having Amazon accounts for myself, spouse, work, several AWS accounts, etc).

I rarely use most of them, so I favorited the one that I use on a daily basis. However, when I search "AWS" or "Amazon" in 1password mini, the favorite one ends up sorted lower due to alphabetical sorting -- I have to use the down arrow, select "Show X more items", hit Enter, then down arrow multiple more times.

It seems intuitive that favorites should have a higher sort priority.

(The favorites menu doesn't help much, since it is much faster to do <cmd>>+<option>+\, "aws", <enter> instead of <cmd>+<option>+\, →, ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ <enter>

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @ehurkman,

Favourite items are already displayed at the top of the list in mini. The only thing that will cause an item to rank higher is a precise subdomain match.

For example, if a login item's website is https://www.amazon.com, and you visit https://signin.aws.amazon.com, that login item will be ranked lower since the subdomains don't match.

Please let me know if this helps! :)

• ehurkman
    ehurkman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP‌

Ah, I guess that is the behavior I see. The AWS accounts are all on "companyname.signin.aws.com" now that I looked closer. But other sub domains still push down the primary (favorited) logon, including "blog.companyname.com". Everything comes before the favorited "www.company.com" domain.

For now I just gave in and renamed them to sort the way I expected alphabetically. Ugly, but it works.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ehurkman,

We've heard feedback from other users who would prefer that Favourites were always listed first, regardless of domain/subdomain, and I'm happy to add a vote for you to the feature request in our issue tracker. In the meantime though, I'm glad you've found a way that works!

This discussion has been closed.