Bought an old version of 1Password on Mac store. Got a free upgrade.. but I can't find it now.

Options
the6step
the6step
Community Member

So I bought an older version of 1Password (I was told I would get a free upgrade when the new version came out).

I just got a new work computer, and I see that I can't find 1password in my purchases in the Appstore. In fact, when I go to the 1password page, it says 49.99. Why is it trying to charge me?

Comments

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    Options

bump?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know why it would be trying to charge you a second time, unless you are logged in to the Mac App Store with a different AppleID than the one you used to purchase it in the first place. If you are sure you're using the same AppleID, try clicking on the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store. Can you see it then?

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    Options

Ok let me explain again. I bought 1Password 3. 1Password 3 is no longer on the Appstore, so it's not in my Purchases tab (I'm on a different computer now). I don't believe the Appstore preserves stuff you purchased that is no longer in the Appstore. But I'm not sure. It's absolutely not in the Purchases tab though.

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    Options

Part of the reason, is that the version updated, I only bought the older one. So I didn't purchase the new one, so it's not in the Purchases tab.

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    Options

Long story short, 1password is nowhere in the Purchases tab.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Sorry my idea didn't work. It sounds off hand like maybe you didn't ever update version 3 to version 4, but that's really only a guess on my part. Perhaps one of the clever support gurus will be along and chime in here.

Have you sent email directly to support@ agilebits. com? I know there is a backlog of support email there from what I've read, but I also have read that the company regards email as their primary avenue for providing support.

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Why We Answer Discussion Forum Questions First

Please note that we are answering questions in the Discussion Forums before direct emails. You may be wondering why this is.

While we love the one-to-one connection email provides, each email we send only helps a single person. Our answers in the forum, however, are viewable by everyone (and are also indexed by Google).

Since we want to help everyone as quickly as possible, we are answering questions publicly as every answer in the forum can help multiple people at once.

They say they answer forum questions first. But I just sent them an email since I can't get a response here. Thanks for the advice.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Do you need the App Store version, or will the version from AgileBits suit you? (The difference is mainly in iCloud syncing) I ask because It is easier for AgileBits to solve this kind of problem for the direct version.

Do you have the receipt for the App Store version? That would help.

AgileBits are good at solving problems of this (and other) kind, but can be slow due to the volume of support queries.

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I want the App Store version. I sent a follow up email with my AppStore receipt

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @the6step,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently due to the Heartbleed discovery. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble installing 1Password on your new computer. Since 1Password 4 is a free upgrade for 1Password 3 (Mac App Store) users, we certainly don't want to charge you again. Unfortunately, the App Store doesn't allow us access to their purchase records, so you may have to end up contacting them directly, but I'd love to take a peek at your email to see if I can't expedite the process a little.

Now, I was unable to find an email in our system when I searched using the email address attached to your forum account. If you used a different email to message us, please send me a private message with the address you used so I can track it down and ensure your issue is resolved as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.