1PW Everywhere does neither work on Mac nor on WIN7

Options
kaylog
kaylog
Community Member

Hi: I need to use 1PW Everywhere at my workplace with an old OSX (SnowLeopard) as I cannot install the 1PW v.4. I put a symbolic link of the .html file on the desktop, but it does not work. Trying to make 1PW Everywhere run on my home Macs also doesn't work. I always get the "problem with the encryptionkeys.js" file message. All permissions are set correctly and the synching is complete.

By the way, the same happens on my wife's PC.

Thanks

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

That file is intended to be accessed by a web browser on the Dropbox web site. Is that how you are trying to access it?

I think I recall that there is a way to construct it locally, but I don't know the details about how to do that. But even so, unless you are addressing via a standard browser, it won't work.

• kaylog
    kaylog
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I try to open it with a standard web browser (Firefox, Safari etc). However, I want to use it locally. I do not intend to synchronize my data with the NSA vaults.. oh sorry, I mean Dropbox.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Maybe this post will help you. Hope so.

• kaylog
    kaylog
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, yes this post resolved the error message at the beginning. However, strangely, even though I am 100% sure of my PW, it tells me that it's wrong. What is this again?

• kaylog
    kaylog
    Community Member
    Options

I assume, you will think this idiot isn't even able to remember her password. But I enter the most recent PW absolutely correctly with "everywhere" complaining. This forum is not very helpful, sorry.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @kaylog,

Do you use any non-ASCII characters in your master password? For example, characters you wouldn't find on a standard English keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.