Local File Sync will not complete

Options
smlunden
smlunden
Community Member

When I cleared my data and restarted my 1password beta for android, i could navigate through to 'Sync using local storage' and it opens my filesystem. But once i select my agilekeychain file, the screen returns to the top level of the filesystem and gives me a flash message of 'Using /blah/blah/agilekeychainfile'. If I try to navigate using the '< Select Vault' button at top, it refreshes to exactly the screen i am on (top of filesystem). If i try the back button or closing and re-opening 1password, it puts me back at the 'Welcome to 1Password' screen. I am on a samsung tab 7.7 (SCH-I815) android 4.0.4

Also, the filesystem only shows my tablet files, with no option to look at the tablet's sdcard, which is where the 1password reader agilekeychain file was.

Comments

• mverde
    Options

Hi @smlunden,

We recently fixed some issues in the file browser interface in beta 17. Could I get you to try again once you update to beta 17 and let me know how it goes? It's possible that this update will fix the issue for you. If it still persists even after the update though, then I can try to help you find a workaround while our development team looks into it.

• hhmue
    hhmue
    Community Member
    Options

I do have exactly the same problem with the latest 1P beta for Android (same issue with B17 before). Vault is managed by latest beta for Windows.
    Android Version: 4.1.2

• mverde
    Options

There are differences in how SD card handling is implemented on device from one manufacturer to the next. Because this can cause issues, we tend to recommend storing your vaults on internal storage rather than removable storage. Could I get both of you to try moving the agilekeychain folder from the SD card to the internal storage of your devices to see if that makes a difference? Let me know if this helps at all.

• hhmue
    hhmue
    Community Member
    Options

The folder is located on the internal storage. I didn't even try it on the sd card...

• mverde
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hmm... let's check a few other things then to try and narrow down the problem. Are you able to locate the .agilekeychain folder using a file manager app (e.g. ES File Explorer or something similar)? Do you see the same folders when browsing using a file manager that you do in the file browser for selecting the vault within 1Password?

• hhmue
    hhmue
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am able to locate the folder with a filemanager. I also see the same folders.
    In the 1P file browser i can only browse through the local sorage (no sd-card) but that's not a problem for me. As @smlunden I am able to navigate to the vault folder and select the "1Password.agilekeychain" folder by "touching it". After this selection, the origin view of the 1P vault selection file browser is shown again. I could do it again and again it's an endless loop...

• mverde
    Options

@hhmue‌ How far nested in the directory structure is your 1Password.agilekeychain folder? For example, mine is at /1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. I wonder if there is an edge case where the location is causing a problem. Could you try moving the 1Password.agilekeychain to a different location to see if that makes a difference?

• hhmue
    hhmue
    Community Member
    Options

Just moved it into the given root folder but there is stil the same issue.

• mverde
    Options

By complete accident, I found a way to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing with the 1Password file browser. When rotation lock is enabled and my device is locked in landscape mode, I see the same behaviour that you are describing when trying to select my .agilekeychain in the file browser. It looks like this is an unintended consequence of the fact that we don't currently support landscape orientation during the setup process.

Could you please check that auto-rotate (and not rotation lock) is enabled on your device? This workaround is only necessary during setup. Once setup is complete, you should be able to re-enable rotation lock without any issues. Please let me know if this helps!

• hhmue
    hhmue
    Community Member
    Options

:D It works. Thanks a lot! :)

• mverde
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you were able to use the workaround to get setup. @smlunden‌, did this also work for you?

This discussion has been closed.