1P with pop-up windows (like on home routers)

Options
NoisyDude
NoisyDude
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hi.

It seems there have been several threads related to popup windows requesting login information, but none address how to store/fill-in login information on popup windows used by certain sites. This is a very common strategy used on devices such as home routers.

I am storing password information on a 1P Note today and manually copying/pasting this information into the appropriate field, but this is truly a pain. I imagine there is a way of configuring 1P to save this information on its own and filling in the appropriate fields. As a matter of fact, Safari offers to store this information on the Keychain, so there is definitely a way to get to it.

Any advise would be much welcome!! Thanks!!

BTW, I am using 1P v4.4 on Mac OS X Mavericks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NoisyDude,

For usernames and passwords on pop-up windows, I generally suggest storing these as Logins as well. Even though 1Password may not be able to fill it completely automatically (if the pop-up doesn't exist until the 'Log In' button is clicked for example), you can still use the ⌘\ shortcut to fill the data once the fields are visible.

In rare cases you may not be able to fill automatically, but 1Password makes it easy to copy the username and password fields by using a one-click copy, which might be easier than copying the details out of the body of a Note.

If you provide me with a few examples of these problem sites, I'd be happy to do some testing here and provide you with some more detailed steps. :)

• NoisyDude
    NoisyDude
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

An example of a login that I cannot get to work appropriately is < redacted - sent via direct message >. 1Password seems to not be responsive at all.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @NoisyDude,

Thanks for sending that URL to me! Unfortunately, the site in question uses HTTP Auth, which is not something that 1Password can currently fill automatically. Our developers are looking into making this possible in the future, and I've added a vote for you to the issue in our internal tracker.

To make things easier for you (and other HTTP Auth users) now, please try using the anchor feature in 1Password Mini. Simply click the anchor icon in the bottom corner of an item's details to 'pin' the details to your screen, so copying and pasting your information is quick and easy. :)

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but we'll do what we can to improve 1Password's behaviour with this type of Logins in the future.

(I also sent you a private message, but wanted to post publicly as well, for any other users who might come across this thread.)

This discussion has been closed.