Bug in Password card entry

wasabinator
wasabinator
Community Member

On 4.0.0b18, when I create a Password card, I am seeing a strange issue. The password contains - characters and as soon as I type -, it starts to fill up my password entry field with autocomplete suggestions that partially match the values I have been typing in.

Comments

• If I understand you correctly, this issue is occurring when you create a new password item and type some alphabet characters followed by a - character in the password field. Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this issue in beta 18 on my Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2. Could you provide me with the following additional details?

1. The make and model of your Android device
    2. The Android OS version you are running
    3. The names of any alternative keyboards that are installed
    4. The input language of your keyboard
    5. Any additional details to reproduce the issue that you think might be relevant.

With your help, hopefully we can figure out why this is happening on your device.

• wasabinator
    wasabinator
    Community Member

Sure,

1. Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    2. 4.3 when I first created my post, but now 4.4.2 (problem still persists).
    3. Samsung Keyboard, the one installed by default.
    4. English (Australia)
    5. I suspect this is something specific to the Samsung Keyboard. It also happens any password field on any card. At the moment I need to type the password into one of the other fields and copy/paste it into the password field. I'm an Android developer myself and it's always the customised Samsung stuff that causes all the issues. If you have a Samsung device handy, I suspect that's going to exhibit this issue.
  • Unfortunately, I don't have a Samsung device to test with at the moment. However, we would tend to agree with your assessment that it is likely something to do with the Samsung keyboard. We have only received a handful of reports about this issue, but all of them so far have been on Samsung devices. Without too much inconvenience, is it possible to switch to the Google Keyboard and check to see if the issue persists?

This discussion has been closed.