Sites with subdomains

Options
stevenjklein
stevenjklein
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

(This problem is so small that I'm almost embarrassed to post it.)

I have three different accounts at different subdomains of the same domain.

Their login pages are:

• www.scottrade.com (named "Scottrade" in 1Password)
  • optionsfirst.scottrade.com/tool/login/ (named "Options First" in 1Password)
  • panel.scottrade.com/communities/default.aspx?p=p1234567890 (named "panel.scottrade.com" in 1Password)

If I manually go to those pages first, 1Password correctly fills in the correct account number and password.

But when I use the ⌘-\ shortcut, and type "Scottrade" I see all three logins in alphabetical order. Meaning instead of this keyboard sequence ⌘-\ scott <return> I need to type this: ⌘-\ scott <down-arrow><down-arrow><return>

I realize that, in the greater scheme of things, this is a pretty minor problem. But if there's a workaround, I'd love to know about it.

What I have done is to change the 1P login name to "Scottrade Stocks," and then use "stocks" as my shortcut. That works, but it's not ideal.

BTW, there's something wrong with your markdown parser, because it didn't properly render my list — at least not in the preview.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @stevenjklein‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in! (I've edited your post to get that list displaying better. This forum is all about using 'Enter' multiple times to keep things spaced out ...)

I think that the workaround that you have in place is a pretty great solution, actually. Mini's search options are currently restricted to 'Search Title and Fillable URLs' or 'Search All Fields'. This is done to keep the Mini as simple and efficient as possible. So if the title and the URL both contain the word that you're searching for, you will see multiple results. Searching for a different word sounds like a great way to get to the result you want quickly. :)

• stevenjklein
    stevenjklein
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Megan. I'll stick with my solution, since it seems to be best. (And I'll learn to put a blank line before my lists.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @stevenjklein‌

Thanks so much for your understanding! (And I won't tell you how many times I've had to edit my own posts to insert those extra lines so my reply isn't a jumble of nonsense. ;)) )

We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.