Saved New Item Not Showing in 1PW [resolved; removed MAS version and interfering helper process]

Options
Zak8022
Zak8022
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I recently created a new login by way of the extension or Mini (I'm honestly a little lost as to which of those two did the work), however that new login is not showing up in my 1PW Mac app. So i am able to see this login item when i go to the website and open the extension (or press CMD+), however i am completely unable to find the item when searching inside the main 1PW Mac app.

Its almost as if the Mini/extension and main 1PW are referencing different vaults (however i only have a single vault to my knowledge). I use Dropbox sync, if that matters. I recently moved my 1password information from my Business Dropbox account to my Personal Dropbox account (since Dropbox now supports Business and Personal Dropboxes on the same computer). To my knowledge this move was successfully without any issues.

From what i can tell, any change made inside the 1PW Mac app is seen inside the extension/Mini. So an add/change going that direction works ok.

Please let me know what other information you may need, and/or if there are any suggestions on what i can try to do.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Zak8022,

It sounds like you may have two instances of 1Password mini running. So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Zak8022
    Zak8022
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @JasperP. I have done as you asked and emailed the diagnostic report.

I just realized that in the interim since writing this post, i had disabled and re-enabled 1PW Mini... and that APPEARS to have solved my problem. But i would like you guys to tell me for sure, in case this ever happens again. I fear that i lost a few new/updated passwords while things were messed up. Not the end of the world, but if its something i know how to avoid, look our for, or otherwise fix sooner that would be good to know.

Thanks for all your help, and for making 1Password awesome!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We appreciate your kind words, @Zak8022 You're awesome! :)

We've received your email with the Diagnostics Report. Thanks for sending that in. It shows two instances of 1Password mini helper are still running. If you Empty Trash, then restart your Mac, the extra helper from the MAS version of 1Password 4 should be banished for good. If you'd like to generate and send a new report after doing that we'll confirm there's no trace left of it. Thanks again!

• Zak8022
    Zak8022
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @sjk‌. I've sent in a second diagnostic report, after emptying trash and restarting. Thanks for all your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That did the trick, @Zak8022. The new report looks fine so you're now good to go using Agile Web Site 1Password 4.4(440002), with the Mac App Store version uninstalled and its 1Password mini helper no longer interfering. :)

• Zak8022
    Zak8022
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thank you very much for checking and letting me know!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome, @Zak8022.

Now that we've got closure on the issue I'll also close this discussion. Feel free to start another if anything else comes up. :)

This discussion has been closed.