missing password request when switching between first and second safe

Options
Sammi
Sammi
Community Member

I have created a second safe at 1Password, and found the following when switching between safes: When I open my primary safe and switch to the second safe, I am not asked for the master password. Which makes me believe that my master password is being cached. But I haven't found an entry in my OSX keychain, nor an option for it in the 1password settings.

Can I change the settings so that the master password is asked for with every switch between safes?

Thank you

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sammi,

1Password's new multiple vault feature was designed so that you still only have to remember one password, no matter how many vaults you create. Your primary vault holds the encryption keys for all of your secondary vaults. This means that unlocking your primary vault will give you quick and easy access to all of your data, regardless of which vault it is stored in.

However, you still can unlock a secondary vault on its own. In the main app, use 1Password > Switch Vault menu. (In the 1Password mini, click on the lock image on the lock screen to select the secondary vault.) Please note that when you unlock the secondary vault alone, all other vaults will remain locked. You won't be able to copy items between vaults, and you will need to enter your Master Password to view another vault.

I hope this helps to explain things, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.