CATEGORIES ... restoring the default

Options
obront
obront
Community Member

i've deleted the Passwords category by dragging the icon off the left navigation bar, but now i can't get it back?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @obront,

Could you tell me what version of 1Password you are currently using? I can't recreate this on my end. It is possible to re-order the Categories ... is it possible that the Passwords category is hiding in a different position in the Categories list?

Please try adding a new password by using the '+' icon in the top menu bar. Does the category appear in its proper location now?

• obront
    obront
    Community Member
    Options

4.4 on 10.9.2

can you drag the category off so that it disappears?

yes your trick makes the password category return, but then it is different than the others ... when you right-click on it, it says "remove redundant" while all the other categories do not show any menu? makes me think the "real" one is hiding somewhere

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @obront,

I can re-position the category, but I cannot completely remove it from the list. Could you please send me a screenshot of your sidebar, including the 'remove redundant' message? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox and include a link in your reply.

Seeing what you're seeing should make it easier to determine what's going on here. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the images, @obront.

The Passwords category is currently empty, which is why you don't see it in the 1Password sidebar in the second image. If you ran Remove Redundant, the test item (shown in the first image) may have been moved to Trash, causing the category to be empty and disappear from the sidebar.

Empty non-default categories don't appear in the sidebar. Add an item to one of those categories and you'll see that category in the sidebar. And Passwords is the only category with a context menu. Plus categories can't be dragged off the sidebar, only within the sidebar to reorder them.

I hope that helps, and think it's all working for you as intended. :)

If you have more questions or issues please let us know.

• obront
    obront
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thanks for the clarity

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @obront.

This discussion has been closed.