Two (Nearly) Identical Licenses?

Options
Big_Joe
Big_Joe
Community Member

(Went through a few pages of search results for this and found nothing similar, so....)

I bought one but I apparently have two 1Password 4 licenses that appear to be identical in all ways except the Last Modified date, visible in the top and main panes; attached is a view of the top pane. The date of 1969 is interesting.

Clicking on the License.onepassword-license attachment icon also display the same name and date info.

I'm wondering if one of these (the 1969) is redundant? Or, since I'm synching to my office Mac, is this almost expected behaviour?

Hand holding would be appreciated, thanks. :-)

Comments

• Big_Joe
    Big_Joe
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if you can see the whole image (I can't seem to) so I'm attaching a crop of the crop.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'll be really interest to learn how version 4 could have been licensed in 1969! Or any other version, for that matter. That's 45 years ago, and to the best of my recollection, personal computing had not yet arrived, unless maybe for hobbyists. But certainly not Macs.

• Big_Joe
    Big_Joe
    Community Member
    Options

I should add: I am not a time traveller.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Big_Joe,

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed that you're not a time-traveller. I had high hopes. :(

Now, it appears that you have stumbled on 1Password's experimental flux capacitor. Date fluctuations can occur when passwords are changed at 88 mph - I'm pretty sure that's what's happening here.

Unfortunately, the capacitor is proving unstable, so we've had to temporarily remove it from 1Password. If you remove this duplicate entry, you should see no further evidence of time travel in your database.

• Big_Joe
    Big_Joe
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate your help with this. Being inexperienced with time-tra^w^w 1Password, I wasn't sure I could delete the older entry without damaging the timeli^w license validation.

Thanks for the advice.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Big_Joe,

Happy to help! Please do let me know if you notice any further ripples in the time-1Password continuum and we'll get you straightened out. :)

This discussion has been closed.