Bought on App store, but doesn't show up on 2nd computer

Options
cwalden
cwalden
Community Member

Title says it all - I've been happily using 1password on my main computer for months after purchasing on itunes. (I even dug up my receipt)

And yet - when bringing up my new computer, and clicking on the app store, it does not realize that I own 1password and offers to sell it to me.

Both computers are signed on with the same apple id, both on 10.9.3. The version of 1password is 4.4 (app mac store)

What am I doing wrong???? thanks!

Comments

• cwalden
    cwalden
    Community Member
    Options

Sure - I've attached screenshots of what happens on both of the machines when I bring up 1password in the app store. installed.png is what it looks like on the first machine and "not installed" is what it looks like on the second one. In both cases I am in the app store and logged into my itunes account.

Some additional info - on BOTH machines it does not show up in purchases in the app store - and yet when I go back to my email I have an itunes receipt for the purchase. I did notice that that purchase version is 4.0.3 and the version that is installed is 4.4 - not sure if that sheds any light.

• cwalden
    cwalden
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - the screenshots are very small - one says installed and the other says the price.

And a realized you asked for the purchases screens - they are identical and do NOT include 1password
    thanks!

• cwalden
    cwalden
    Community Member
    Options

Well that solved it. Thank you SO MUCH!! I had no idea there were "hidden" purchases in osx.

• Dean Gustafson
    Dean Gustafson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm really confused (and a little frustrated). I just upgraded my 1Password 4 from single to family license ($34.99). When I went to download this to my wife's computer (iMac late 2006) as it cannot operate IOS 8. Now what do I do? Did I waste my money?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You need a family license if you bought from the AgileBits web site. But if you bought from the App Store you just need the same Apple ID on both machines (and, as has been stated several times but I have no knowledge of, you could use different Apple IDs for purchases and iCloud so your synced info is different).

I don't understand what you mean by IOS 8. That doesn't exist (IOS is only on 7) and ayway applies to iDevices, not Macs.n

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dean

I'm so sorry that you're feeling frustrated here. If your wife's computer is using an operating system prior to Mountain Lion (10.8), you will need to use 1Password 3 here. You can download legacy versions of 1Password 3 and install it using our Getting Started Guide. You can keep 1Password 4 and 1Password 3 in sync using Dropbox. (Instructions for setting up version 3 with Dropbox are here: Dropbox sync in 1Password 3).

Since 1Password 3 does require a different license than 1Password 4, I've re-sent you your existing license information so that its easily accessible when you're installing version 3 on your wife's computer.

Please let me know if you run into any snags in the process, and we'd be happy to walk you through!

This discussion has been closed.