Safari extension stuck on connecting

Options
michaelpearce
michaelpearce
Community Member

I have installed the 1Password extension for Safari but when I click not he key and enter my password it just clicks away saying "Connecting" but going nowhere. I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled. etc. etc. Can anyone help?
I am new to 1Password and have trawled through the Discussions but cannot find an answer.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelpearce‌

Please ensure that you are using the correct extension for the version of 1Password that you are using.

I hope this helps, but if you're still having troubles, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

• michaelpearce
    michaelpearce
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. FYI I am using Version 4. I have done that (having uninstalled the 1Password extension installed previously) and it is now asking me to download 1Password mini and when I do that it downloads the full version that is already installed. I am confused as the difference between 1Password mini and the (apparently non-mini) version I have installed. Anyway, I now have a Key symbol on the Safari menu bar but it does nothing. More help would be welcomed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelpearce,

Thanks for the additional information. I'm sorry what you've tried so far has failed to get Safari's 1Password extension working. We'd like to get a closer look at where it's getting stuck and help unstick it. To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief note here mentioning that you've sent the report will help us keep an eye open for it. :)

After analyzing the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• michaelpearce
    michaelpearce
    Community Member
    Options

I have been away for the last two weeks and am now picking up on this again. I now find that Safari has sorted itself out - so thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @michaelpearce‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! Please do let us know if you run into any further snags - we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.