Display vs. Conceal (dots) not working at all

Options
lead_data
lead_data
Community Member

I have the box checked off for Prefr.> Sec> "Display (or) Conceal" each Pwrd. Does this apply ONLY to certain items on the list? I need dots (concealed) for docs that permit pswrd security, and also for .dmgs (OSX Mountain Lion) It's not working. It sometimes allows me to copy/ paste the word elsewhere, (though normally I wouldn't) -but it won't simply display only dots as I type them in. When I searched the forum using plenty of relevant keywords I mostly got people who wanted the opposite, having trouble for some reason.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lead_data,

The Display/Conceal option is specifically for 'password' fields. You're right, it will not just display just dots while you are typing the password in - this is to ensure that you type the password in correctly. :)

It sometimes allows me to copy/ paste the word elsewhere, (though normally I wouldn't)

The copy/paste feature is there so that you can paste your passwords into website fields as required.

I hope this explains the Display/Conceal Passwords option a bit better, but we're here to help if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.