Syncing not working between v3 on Mac and iOS [moved to private email]

Lotus777
Lotus777
Community Member
edited May 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I was always happy with 1Password, and now nothing syncs.. I have iMac with Mavericks and iPhone and iPad .. What happened? Can't get anything to work and I didn't change anything. 3.8.21 on Desktop.. All others on iPad and iPhone are up to date. Any ideas what's going on?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lotus777,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Could you tell me which specific version of 1Password you are using on your iOS devices? 1Password 3 is not the current version on Mac, and I'm wondering if you might be using 1Password 3 on iOS as well.

Could you also tell me which sync method you are trying to use? I presume Dropbox, but Wi-Fi is also a possibility.

Please let me know. We'll get to the bottom of things. Thanks!

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member

It's whatever the App Store says is the latest.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please let me know the specific version number. Something like 3.5.2 or 4.4.1 is what I'm looking for. Barring that, though, perhaps you could just tell me which icon you see on your home screen.

Could you also tell me which sync method you are trying to use? I presume Dropbox, but Wi-Fi is also a possibility.

Thanks! :)

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

4.5.1 on iPad
    Using Dropbox

FYI the iPhone and the iPad sync but not the desktop.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Perfect. Thanks, @Lotus777‌! I moved your post from the Lounge to the 1Password 3.8 category so we can better assist you as a team. That things are working well on iOS is a great thing. That means we may only need to see a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Please download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member

I'm still waiting for report to be created. Seems to be taking a long time and still spinning. Is the app supposed to be open or closed? Been over 5 minutes.. Am I doing something wrong? The other thing, when I check for updates in 1Password vs 3.8.21, it says this is the latest version.. FYI So don't know why it says that since there is 4.x .. Thanks.. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lotus777‌,

The other thing, when I check for updates in 1Password vs 3.8.21, it says this is the latest version.. FYI So don't know why it says that since there is 4.x

Version 4 is a paid upgrade, so it won't show up in the 'check for updates' option in 1Password 3. We're happy to continue supporting 1Password 3, so you are welcome to remain with the current version if it's meeting your needs. If you would like to upgrade however, I just want to let you know that, as a current owner of 1Password 3 for Mac, you are eligible for a discounted price on a 1Password 4 for Mac license. Simply enter your existing license information on our upgrade page.

For now, though, let's get you all sorted out! I'd like you to try generating a report using a different tool: using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member

I downloaded file and this is what is coming up when I open it. Thanks for your help.. Let me know what to try next.. thanks.. Rick

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lotus777,

Please find this file in your Downloads folder (or wherever it ended up) and right-click to open. This will give you the same message, but it will give you the option to continue anyway.

I do apologize that this process is being complicated for you!

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member

Ok. Thx. I'll get to that later and get back to you! :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lotus777‌

Wonderful, we're here whenever you're ready. :)

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

The support email address doesn't work. Can you please spell it out or email me at [redacted] ? Thx.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lotus777,

The support address is just as listed above support+forums@agilebits.com. You can also send it directly to support@agilebits.com - the '+forum' bit just allows us to funnel your email into a smaller bucket so that it's easier to track down. :)

Please note that if you are attempting to send the Diagnostic Report via Gmail, Google will sometimes block the attachment. If you are able to send via another program, please try to do so, or simply upload the Diagnostic Report to Dropbox and send the public link along with your email.

• Lotus777
    Lotus777
    Community Member

Thanks.. just sent again.. to support+forums@agilebits.com :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lotus777,

We've received your email with the report and other attachment. Thanks for sending that in! Someone from our team will look it over and respond with help for resolving this problem.

This discussion has been closed.