2 logins on one screen - how to get the second one

Options
gveres
gveres
Community Member

Hi Guys

I have a website that has two username and password forms on one page. The first is to log into webmail and the second is to log into the administration of the site.

I am pretty sure that I had an entry for the first login and an entry for the second login. Then with one of the updates it changed so that even the entry that used to log into the second entry is now filling in the first set of user name and password. I could use some help with trying to create an entry that logs me into the admin portion of the site.

Here is the code snippet from the website.

The first login block:
User Account Settings
and
WebMail

Login or password is incorrect, please try again

Please enter your login
Valid email address required (e.g., jdoe@domain.com)

Please enter your password

<span id="ctl00_ctlContent_vldUserCaptcha" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;">Valid code required</span>
            <span id="ctl00_ctlContent_vldUserCaptchaWasNotShown" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;"></span>
        </div>

The second (admin) block is:

<div id="ctl00_ctlContent_pnlAdministrator" class="admin-login" onkeypress="javascript:return WebForm_FireDefaultButton(event, &#39;ctl00_ctlContent_btnAdministratorLogin&#39;)">

<p>Manage your services</p>
        <span id="ctl00_ctlContent_vldAdministratorLogin" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;">Invalid User Name or Password</span>

<div class="form-item">
            <label for="ctl00_ctlContent_txtAdministratorLogin" class="inlined">Login</label>
            <input name="ctl00$ctlContent$txtAdministratorLogin" type="text" value="greg.veres@exinda.com" maxlength="254" id="ctl00_ctlContent_txtAdministratorLogin" class="input-text" autocomplete="off" />
            <span id="ctl00_ctlContent_ctl17" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;">Please enter your login</span>
        </div>
        <div class="form-item">
            <label for="ctl00_ctlContent_txtAdministratorPassword" class="pass inlined">Password</label>
            <input name="ctl00$ctlContent$txtAdministratorPassword" type="password" maxlength="50" id="ctl00_ctlContent_txtAdministratorPassword" class="input-text" autocomplete="off" />
            <a id="ctl00_ctlContent_lnkAdministratorForgotPassword" class="forgot-password" href="javascript:__doPostBack(&#39;ctl00$ctlContent$lnkAdministratorForgotPassword&#39;,&#39;&#39;)">Forgot your password?</a>
            <span id="ctl00_ctlContent_ctl19" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;">Please enter your password</span>
        </div>
        <div class="form-item">

<span id="ctl00_ctlContent_vldAdminCaptcha" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;">Valid code required</span>
            <span id="ctl00_ctlContent_vldAdminCaptchaWasNotShown" class="error" style="color:Red;display:none;"></span>
        </div>
        <div class="form-checkbox">
            <input id="ctl00_ctlContent_chkAdministratorPublicComputer" type="checkbox" name="ctl00$ctlContent$chkAdministratorPublicComputer" />`

Thanks
Greg

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @gveres,

First of all — we just released a big update to our browser extension. Please make sure you've updated to the latest version (4.2).

Then, could you please try saving a new login manually for that site and see if that helps:

Saving a new Login manually

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

I am on the beta program. My Safari plug is 4.2.0.b22. I posted here because i thought it was more general than the beta.

But now that you mention it, I am pretty sure earlier 4.2 beta extensions worked fine and the current one doesn't work with it.

I will try to follow the instructions on saving a new login manually and get back to you.

Thanks
    Greg

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

Ok that worked.
    I have to turn off auto-submitt since there are two "login" buttons on the page and the auto-submitt always picks the first login and I am trying to fill in the credentials for the second login, but that is a small price to have this working.

Thanks for pointing out the doc on how to manually save a login. That was never clear to me what the workflow was for that feature.

Greg

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gveres,

I'm so glad to hear that @JasperP's steps helped to get you sorted out. Thanks for letting us know! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.